We care about our environment
We believe that respect for the environment as an obligation for the whole of society, for ourselves and for sustainability, now and for future generations.
In addition to strict compliance with legal regulations, we have developed our own environmental policy, with a strong commitment to the protection of the environment, to the efficient and sustainable management of resources, to the use of renewable energies, and to the mitigation and adaptation to climate change through programs that reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
As part of Almirall's commitment to society, one of the objectives driving our daily activity is the respect for the environment, including energy performance.
With this in mind, we have established the following basic principles:
- A commitment to the protection of the environment, ensuring that we ingrain sustainability into the daily activity of our company.
- The efficient and sustainable management of resources, use of renewable energies, and commitment to mitigation and adaptation to climate change, through programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- A commitment to continuous improvement of Almirall´s environmental management to improve performance, complying with legal requirements and any other such standards that Almirall chooses to adopt voluntarily.
- The establishment of regular programs, with objectives and targets in line with applicable standards, via a global corporate policy identifying all risks and opportunities regarding the protection of the environment.
- Training, involvement and participation of all employees and all third companies collaborating with Almirall in order to apply the key principles of this global corporate policy.
- Ensuring the availability of necessary information and resources, and then planning their best use.
- Respect for the environment is the whole company's goal, and the responsibility for achieving this involves everyone in the firm, whatever their level or role.
Environmental management certification.
The implementation of our environmental policy is certified according to ISO international standard 14001:2015 at our offices in Spain (since 2004) and in Germany (since 2013). This demanding certification covers our activities in R&D, the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients, and manufacture & wholesale of pharmaceutical products. Awarded by TÜV Rheinland, it certifies that we apply the latest, most demanding environmental management criteria, above and beyond the standards required by current legislation.
Energy management certification.
Furthermore, as part of our integrated health, safety and environmental policy, we have implemented an energy management system, certified according to ISO50001:2018 by TÜV Rheinland in our centers in Spain (since 2013) and Germany (since 2016). Almirall was one of the first pharmaceutical companies to be awarded this internationally recognized certification. In the development of our R&D activities, manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients, and manufacture & wholesale of pharmaceutical products, this system helps us to reduce our impact on the environment even further.